Monday 21 December 2009

How Effective Is The f Your Main Product And Ancillary Texts?Combination O

The main part of my project was obviously the final product i.e. my teaser trailer, however both the main poster and magazine front cover are hugely important to the success of my project.

Before I created the main poster I also created a teaser poster campaign, which led to the final poster which I created.
when designing the poster I wanted to get across a number of things, firstly that the film is about zombies, clear anchorage is given to this through the hooded character in the image, I also wanted to portray vioence and horror, which I beleive is shown through both the blood dripping from the zombies mouth and the 18 certificate located in the cottom right corner, finally I wanted to portray what the zombies in my film are like, in most zombie films there is a general theme for example in Dawn of the Dead, the director, George A. Romero wanted to portray the zombie like nature of shooping malls and how the general public walk mindlessly around them buying everything in sight, in my film I have attempted to portray the zombies as hooded youthes, representing the violent nature of hoodies living in Britain.

When creating the front cover of the magazine I wanted to portray a very similar message to the main poster I created and so I kept the background of the poster the same and then obviously changed it according to the title of the magazine (Rewind).
I also included some sub texts on the magazine, one of which I thought was very important, an interview with the "unusual" director Ellis Clark, due to the bizzare storyline and comedy shown in my teaser trailer I thought it was very important to include something that portrays me as a director and why I added some of the unusual scenes shown in the trailer.

The ancillary texts were a very important section of the A2 module, however so was the final product and so once I had collected all the footage I needed for my trailer I thought it was important to edit the footage at a proffesional level using Final Cut, for this proffesional programme I watched a few tutorials along with some tutorials for the text creating side of the software 'Livetype', below are some of the tutorials which I used,





After receiving an initial grade I decided that my ancillary texts were not of a good standard and so I decided to completely recreate both the magazine front cover and the main poster for my film, below are the before and after products,

Main Poster
Before




































After






































Magazine Front
Before






































After






































I feel that after doing some more research into movie posters and magazine covers it meant that I had a much better understanding as to what I could include in mine.

Before I re-did my ancillary texts I received feedback that both my poster and magazine front cover did not reflect my final trailer and so I decided to completely re-create both of them, to do this I took some more photos as well as using this photoshop tutorial to create some zombie/undead styled faces to signify the zombie parts of my film.

No comments:

Post a Comment