Tuesday 6 October 2009

Ancilliary Texts Ideas And Research

Film Posters

For my ancillary texts I have decided to create both a magazine cover featuring my film and a poster for my film, firstly I have looked at some Film Posters for which I can get some ideas for mine from.



The first poster I have looked at is George A. Romero's Dawn of the Dead poster, I noticed a few things about it including both the artwork and the contents on the page such as people involved with the film.


















As well as looking at a Dawn of the Dead poster I have also had a looks and analysed a Shaun of the Dead poster, this is more relevant to my film as it mixes in similar genres to mine i.e. comedy, horror, zombies etc and so from this I have picked out some key aspects as to what mine could include.

































The third poster poster I have looked at is what i originally based my teaser poster on and so it is very relevant to the poster I will create, there are a few things I have taken from this into consideration


















Now that I have looked at some different posters I can begin listing the aspects that mine must include.
  1.  Obviously the most important aspect of the poster will be the image this must be suitable for the target audience I am aiming my film at and must be of a very high quality
  2. Similary the title is very important and must stand out to the viewers otherwise it is not getting the title of the film across
  3. it must also include some film reviews, this is usually a small clip it from a review or a star rating followed by who has reviewed it
  4. it must also include the films tagline, which should also stand out but not over power the main title
  5. it should list the companies involved in creating the film such as the distribution and production companies, for example dolby digital
  6. it should also include either the directors name or actors actresses in the film that play large roles
  7. similar to number 6 at the bottom it should include the main people and comapnies involved with the film shown in text
  1. finally it should also include the website of the film for fans to view at their leasure.

Magazine Covers
  Combined with making the poster for my film I will also be created the front cover of a magazine featuring my film, however before I do this I must carry out some research into the front covers of magazines with film features on them.




When looking at this first magazine I noticed a number of things such as the full page picture the large title which will attract an audience to read the magazine, the title of the magazine is also very big but part of the image stands out over it.







































This second Magazine front cover I have looked at has been edited to match the style of the film i.e. black colours and a font which suits the style of the film.









































This third magazine done for the new hit release avatar is very similar to the first, again with large text for the most important aspects such as the films title and big article inside the magazine.








































Now that I have looked at a wide range of film magazine front covers I can make a list of the things that my front cover should include.

  1. A large picture that shows off my film, this should be relevant to my film and stand out to my target audience
  2. Title of the magazine, this should be the largest bit of text on the page and should also act as a logo for the magazine so that the audience can see it from a distance on the shelf of a shop
  3. Title of my film, this is also important to further denote whats inside the magazine
  4. other articles inside, these should not over power the writing for my feature film in the magazine but it should be done in a bag enough text to stand out from a distance
  5. It should also include a barcode which can be teamed up with the logo of the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment