Tuesday 6 October 2009

Casting

For my teaser trailer I will need a relatively large cast, to fill both the main characters and the zombies of which I will need at least 10 people, below is a list of the roles I will need to fill and characters from other movies or TV shows that have influenced my decision.

Gary
I have already found someone to fill out this position and I am very happy with the person who will be playing this role. I have based Gary on the co-start of both Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, Simon Pegg, who I believe to be an average looking character, similar to the lead role in most rom-coms, basing my character on Simon Pegg will be very useful as he will fit in well with the other characters, especially the female one that he will fall in love with. Another character I can compare this role to is Mathew Horne who plays similar roles in films along side James Corden.


Neil
The character Neil will be based on Nick Frost, who has co-starred alongside Simon Pegg in both Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. I will need to find someone very suitable for this role, as it is where most of the comical aspects of the trailer will come from, he will fit in well in the story alongside Neil as the clumsy one all ways making the mistakes, another actor that plays a similar role is James Cordon who also plays role's alongside Matthew Horne


Sarah
Sarah is the mysterious busty good looking slim woman stereotype in my film, however she is a counter type for the fact that she is the one killing the zombies instead of the men, I have got this idea from a number of actresses such as Carrie-Anne Moss who played trinity in the Matrix, MyAnna Buring who played alongside Matt Horne and James Cordon in Lesbian Vampire Killers and Milla Jovovich who played the lead role in the series of Resident Evil films.



General civilians
As part of my movie, the three main characters seek shelter in an abandoned radio station where eventually some civilians around 3 - 7, they will be average people wearing average clothes that have been torn and shredded so signify that they have had close encounters with zombies.

Zombies
I have already arranged a large group of people for this as well as a make-up artist to create both blood and scars, I will need at the very least 8 zombies which will be dressed up in very tatty and torn clothes smeared in blood, bruises and scars, this part of the film due to the amount of actors and make-up will take a large amount of preparation and time, i have not fully decided weather to base my zombies on George.A Romero's stereotype zombies from Dawn of the Dead or to go for the more modern fast running strong zombies such as the ones from Resident Evil.









After reviewing my idea I have made some large alterations to the cast, below are some of the new character roles that I have added.

Main Male Characters
I have changed my original characters from a Simon Pegg and Nick Frost styled actors to Road trip college like students, below are who I am basing the characters on below are the four main character types that I will be using.

Josh
my first main character will be based on the role Breckin Meyer played in road trip i.e. that of an average male who is the main male protagonist in the group, I have an idea for who could play this role and match it well, as it is my most important role I have chosen a very good actor to play the role and hopefully should mirror Breckin Meyer well, I believe he will fit well into my film and alongside my other male characters I believe it will work.

Steve Treadman (Treadman)
For my second male character I have based the character on Seann William Scott who plays a very similar role in all the films he appears in i.e. a cocky character that everyone seems to hate but is also very funny to watch on screen, I also have a character in mind to play this role and I will be killing him off early in the film (slight mirror of Phsyco where the main female character gets killed off very early on) I think this character will fit in very well in my story however and will his death will be a good way to create some humor throughout as, he will turn into a zombie.



Elroy
As my third male character I have chosen a weedy looking character who doesn't stand up for himself very much like DJ Qualls who played kyle in road trip or Jason Briggs who played Kevin in American Pie, I believe this is a very good style of role in my film as I can create a large amount of comedy from it as well as him being an oppositional character to that of Treadman, it will be a hard role to cast as I need to get it just right so that the character is not too over the top but so that he still looks weedy and fits the part correctly.







Neil
one role which I have hardly changed is Neil as I believe this to be a very important character in my film, the only alteration that I will make to the character is the age i.e. he will be played by a younger actor, The character Neil will be based on Nick Frost, who has co-starred alongside Simon Pegg in both Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, I will cast my actor as the clumsy one who forgets to do things and all ways lets people down, as well as being similar to Nick Frost I also see him as a close resemblance to James Cordon who has played similar style roles alongside Matt Horne in Lesbian Vampire Killers.

Main Female Characters
As part of my cast I shall be introducing 3 female characters who shall join groups with the three remaining male characters about 1/3 of the way through the film, below is who I will be basing the 3 female characters on

Sarah
My first female character, Sarah will be based on the main good looking female character from Lesbian Vampire Killers, MyAnna Buring however I will cast a slightly younger college style female character as it fits in more with the other male characters and will work much better as the mina male protagonist falls in love with her. It will also be very useful to include female characters to widen the audience that I will receive for my film, i.e. the added romance should bring in a larger female audience.

Jessica
Jessica, playing a similar style role to Sarah will be the second girl out of the three, I am basing this character on Vera Filatova who also acted alongside Myanna Buring in Lesbian Vampire Killers, again this is a crucial role in my film and so similar to Sarah appropriate casting must be in order, the aim of this role is that Jessica has all ready been bitten by a zombie and is keeping it a secret but does eventually turn into one and turns on her friends.





Charlotte
Charlotte the third female character will be very similar to the other two, i.e. popular, good looking, out of the male characters leagues etc.

Geography Students
as part of my storyline some geography students are on a field trip and get bitten by a zombie which then effectively means they become zombies for the rest of the film. I will be choosing around 10 average male and female characters around 17 - 18 years of age to give the effect that they are college students.

Zombies
I have already arranged a large group of people for this as well as a make-up artist to create both blood and scars, i will need at the very least 15 zombies which will be dressed up in very tatty and torn clothes smeared in blood, bruises and scars, this part of the film due to the amount of actors and make-up will take a large amount of preparation and time, i have not fully decided weather to base my zombies on George.A Romero's stereotype zombies from Dawn of the Dead or to go for the more modern fast running strong zombies such as the ones from Resident Evil.








No comments:

Post a Comment