Tuesday 6 October 2009

Pre-Production Schedule

  1. The first thing I will need to do is to decide on weather to work in a group or by myself, this will be important as it will determine who I work with for the rest of the project.
  2. Secondly I will need to decide weather to do a short film or a teaser trailer, the short film lasting about 5 minutes and the teaser trailer only lasting around 1 minute 30 seconds, it will also take a large toll on how a lay out the rest of my project as if I do a teaser trailer I will need to do research into teaser trailers, i will need a much larger range of locations etc whereas with short films I will need to do research into other short films but not as many locations will be needed etc.
  3. I will also need to complete an initial proposal that will later be turned into a final proposal, this a key part in the writing aspect of my project as it will possibly determine what I need to do for the remainder of my project.
  4. Once i have done my initial idea I will then need to put together an animatic , basically and electronic storyboard that will map out my story-line.
  5. Once I have completed the animatic I will then need to do research into either 30 - 40 teaser trailers or short films , I will need to critically analyse them and by doing this it will give me a good sense on what I should include in my short film or trailer.
  6. Once this research has been done I then should be able to create my final proposal , this could still change but it should mark out my final idea of the story-line and what will happen and from this I can do the other pre-production tasks.
  7. Once I have my final idea I will also then need to complete a target age rating and BBFC classification, this will also give me an idea of what i can include in my film such as horror, bad language, drug use, violence etc.
  8. I will also need to create two posts on both the hardware and software that i shall be using in my project this will give me a clear insight as to what i will need to create my final project, it could also show me what else i may need or the limitations of the hardware that i will be using
  9. Once I have completed the posts on hardware and software I will then need to do a post on casting , this is an extremely important post as the characters in a film have an enormous impact on the preferred reading.
  10. On the same level as casting I will also have to complete a post on locations , this will mean a large amount of scouting as most of my film is shot in the countryside and on the moors and so it shall be difficult to get the shots, never the less it will be very helpful to my final product as I may find some new locations that I could possibly use
  11. I will also need to create a post on costumes, props and set dressing, this will be of key importance as I will need to know what items I will need in my film such as clothing requirements and prop requirements.
  12. One of the most important things in any film or teaser trailer is the music and therefore i shall need a good quality soundtrack that gives signifiers to suspense, comedy, romance etc, I will need to use copyright free music which may be difficult in some parts but if I use programs such as garage band then I should be able to get around it.
  13. I will also need to look into genre links and intertextual reference s as a key importance of how I lay out my film, most films take intertextual references from others and so I must do so in mine.
  14. I will also need to re-animate my animatic if I see fit as my idea may have greatly changed by then and I may have the final casting and prop arrangements sorted to create the final version.
  15. As a smaller task along the way i may need to take some test footage of what I will be doing, this could effect how I shoot my film dramatically as I may figure out that some areas or shots do not work or fit in.
  16. One of the most important pre-production tasks I will need to do is the final narrative as this will be my final idea completely done as it will be done and from this it will help me greatly when created my storyboard and screenplay.
  17. Before shooting my short film or teaser trailer I will first need to create a storyboard which will map out the shots some of the lines involved and who will be involved in them.
  18. Alongside the storyboard I will need to created a screenplay which will include all of the lines in my film including details of the camera angles and characters used in the shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment