Tuesday 6 October 2009

Software

Final Cut Express 4

The main programme that I will be using throughout this piece of coursework is final cut express 4, as it is a high quality piece of software which gives me a wide range of possibilities on how I can edit my film.

Last year in our AS coursework we used a more basic mac programme called I movie 6, however this year I will be using a much more advanced and expensive piece of software, final cut express 4, this will give me a much wider range of editing tools, transitions and text types. There is even a singular programme within final cut called live type which is used to create advanced titles. Clip and Sound editing is also much better and precise with this programme and will mean that I will be able to create quick cuts between clips which will be very useful in my film due to the horror and violence that will be included in it.

Before I use it in full for my final project I will also need to practice on it first to ensure that I get to grips with it, for this i have already edited a year 8 final assembly, which included cutting clips and adding some basic titles.


Garage Band
As well as using an editing programme for the clips I will also be using a programme for the sound and music, this will most likely be garage band.


Garage band is a program based on the mac side of the computers and is used to create music effects and songs, it is easy to use and gives a very good and professionally sounding outcome. it has many tools such as the cut tool, sound editor, loop browser where you can search for many different parts of music such as drum or guitar beats and many more.

Unlike Final Cut Express i have used garage band on many different occasions such as last years work, my animatic from this year and also my practice trailer.



Photoshop Elements 6
Another piece of software that i shall be using is photoshop elements 6, which I will be using for a number of things, firstly I shall be using it to create my teaser posters for my teaser campaign, it is a professional piece of software and therefore Ishould get good quality looking posters, I will also need to create a front cover for the box of my DVD cover, this could be very similar to one of the posters or teaser posters and only some small features may need altering, Lastly I will be using it to create my production logo, which will be used in a number of places such as at the start of my film

No comments:

Post a Comment