Tuesday 6 October 2009

Hardware

To create my film I will need to use a large amount of hardware, below is the hardware I will be using.

Camcorder

To the right is the camcorder that I have purchased to film my production with, below are the specifications of the camcorder. This camcorder will enhance the quality of the footage I capture by a great deal as it can convert the footage into a HD format, it is also very lightweight and therefore easy to transport as well as coming with a spare battery pack for long filming days and a remote to adjust zoom and such controls from a distance with.

Price: £329.99
Record Format: 120GB hard drive
HD Ready: Yes
Recording Time Limit: 150 hours

Tripod
To create my film I will also be using a professional photography tripod which will give me an extensive range of angles and positions to film with, it is very good quality and heavy and can be easily adjusted whilst filming to get different angles, I will be using this tripod for many different aspects of my film and it will be extremely useful when capturing good quality footage with no shaking camera.

Boom Mic

After creating different films last year we found that the sound being recorded by the camera was not of a good quality and so this year I shall be using a boom mic, it is an expensive piece of equipment and it will be hard to control, however it will create a much higher quality of sound, the mic also comes with a large extension pole meaning it will be easy to use the mic without having it in the shot or to far away from the actors that you can't pick up what they're saying.





Mac OS

Another piece of hardware that I will be using is the mac OS which I will use for it's programs such as photoshop, Final cut express and garage band each with a large impact on the final product i produce, below are the specifications of the mac.


Machine Name: iMac G5
Machine Model: PowerMac8,2
CPU Type: PowerPC G5 (3.1)
Number Of CPUs: 1

CPU Speed: 2 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: 5.2.5f1
Serial Number: W85180AWSDY


No comments:

Post a Comment